SAManage is a premier provider of SaaS-based IT asset and service management software that help organizations better control their IT inventory and deliver a superior IT service to their employees. SAManage IT asset management integrated with Zendesk empowers agents to view IT asset configurations from within Zendesk and associate these assets with Zendesk tickets.
To install the widget, please follow the steps below.
Locating the widget directory
1) Navigate to your "Settings" tab and click on "Extensions".
2) Click on the "add widget" button.
3) Locate the "SAManage" widget and click to configure.
4) Select whether or not you want to display the widget title and who the widget should be avialable for. There are no additonal settings required for this widget.
Your new "SAManage" widget should now appear in the list of "Active widgets" and can be added to any page within Zendesk.
Adding the SAManage widget to your Tickets page
1) To add your new SAManage widget to the tickets page, first navigate to a ticket. Then proceed to click on the "Edit widgets on the this page" link.
2) Select the "SAManage" widget from the list.
3) The new widget should now appear in the widgets panel on the right side of the ticketing screen. Enter your SAManage credentials to log in.
4) Once authenticated, you will now have access to the SAManage asset tracking system. When a ticket is loaded, the widget will automatically search SAManage for email address of the requester. It will also make suggestions available that you can click on to search.
5) Click on the "search" button to find an asset. Any assets matching your criteria will be returned in a list.
6) Once you locate the asset that you wish to look into, click on the link to the asset and you will find some information about the asset.
The widget will also provide links to more detailed information in SAManage (such as Software, Incident associated to the asset, Open risks, and Hardware properties) if you want more in depth information about the asset.
7) Finally, you can choose to attach a a particular asset to a ticket, so the next time someone visits the ticket or if the ticket gets re-assigned, the agent doesn't have to search for the asset in question. If you accidentally attach a ticket or need to detach it for any reason, simply click on the "Detach from Ticket" button and the asset will no longer be linked to a ticket.