Forums/Community/Product Feedback

PlannedDoneNot planned

Company Groups (Organizations)

Paul Keck
suggested this on December 27, 2008 07:54

As it stands now (I believe), there is no way to group end users, other than with companies. Agents are grouped by company and group, which is very useful for departments, etc. It would help us to have "company groups" which allows for segmentation of our end users. This would allow us to set up end users which have access only to those projects that they work with. Maybe an example will help:

one of our clients has 4 people using 2 of our products

all 4 end users report issues for product A

only end users 3 and 4 report issues for product B

We would like to set up "company groups" so that users 1,2,3,4 can see issues for product A, and users 3 and 4 can see issues for product A and B.

Am I missing a way to do this with the current setup?

thanks.

-Paul

Comments

User photo
Mark Rothfield
revealtools

we would also benefit from this. our use case is slightly different. our end users have differing roles using our software and as such it would be helpful to assign them to different forums by using groups. alternatively if we could import a custom field on the user's details (via LDAP authentication or similar) and use that to drive access to particular forums

January 19, 2009 19:34
User photo
Troy

Hello Mark, we too could use such grouping. One of the issues that we have is being able to send set a trigger up so that an email is sent to all the organization (4 users)  when any organization ticket has been updated. 

Do you have a need for such a thing OR did you figure out how to implement such a trigger? Our clients seem to be lazy and not checking the tickets manually by going to the site!

January 21, 2009 09:02
User photo
Mark Rothfield
revealtools

Hi Troy

I think your issue is slightly different from mine. Our users are grouped into several roles, where the same set of roles are shared by multiple organisations. I am mainly concerned with differentiating forum access for each role.

January 29, 2009 19:26
User photo
Neil Lillemark
electriccloud

I too am concerned on how larger organizations will want their tickets viewed.  The current expectation is for us to provide multiple organization names, which I assume will work for the majority of cases.   But there are bound to be users who will want to view the ticket history across these boundaries.  So Paul's request above seems to be a similar problem to this, and some way to provide that would be beneficial.

December 03, 2009 10:03
User photo
Amy Au-Yeung
Zendesk

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses and sorry about the delay.  This topic sounds like another existing one over here:

https://support.zendesk.com/forums/1848/entries/12810

Please continue your discussions over there ... 

Cheers! 

-amy 

Zendesk Support

January 28, 2010 00:38
Topic is closed for comments