Zendesk and Salesforce are often used by organizations in custom and demanding ways, however integrating these two apps the way your business needs to can be challenging. The top issues we see are:
A. Integration of customer data with hundreds of fields
B. High volume, real time integrations
Workato is an enterprise class cloud integration service designed to handle these kinds of integrations with relative ease. We’ve been working with the Zendesk team to address common integration pain points using our recipes. A recipe is what we call our integrations - a set of tasks that gets work done across your apps.
If you need to integrate a large volume of transactions (as many nonprofits do) or need near real time integration for a large volume, Workato may be your best option. The following examples show how Workato’s integration service makes it easy to do demanding integrations quickly and economically vs. doing bespoke, time consuming integration projects with expensive tools and consultants. With Workato, there is no coding involved.
A. Handling Large Account Objects or Other Business Objects
If you are a big enterprise or nonprofit with large and complex customer objects in Salesforce, you may have experienced difficulty finding a solution as integrations involving such large objects are beyond the limits of most integration tools available. For example, here is a recipe for a large enterprise - When there is a new ticket in Zendesk, Workato will create a case or object in Salesforce. This recipe may look simple, but there are 360 fields in the customer object (if you click on step 3 in the recipe you can see the field entries such as business hours ID, Importance, Temp, Species etc.)! Workato can support custom Salesforce objects.
Here is a second example where a new Zendesk ticket will send out an alert email if the requester is an MVP in Salesforce Lead. Workato will then check to see if the requester exists as a lead in Salesforce and if the customer type has the word MVP in it. These recipes also perform a bi-directional integration between Salesforce and Zendesk, meaning that information is going back and forth between Salesforce and Zendesk to ensure there’s no looping, not just from Salesforce to Zendesk or Zendesk to Salesforce.
B. High volume and/or real time integrations:
Larger organizations, especially those with a B2C focus and millions of users can generate a huge number of tickets a day that need to be synced, often in real time with the Salesforce. There are two components of how such high volume integrations are handled by a Workato.
1. The first is the support within the Workato platform for features like Salesforce and Zendesk Webhooks, which allow for real time integration, and ticket queues that can be processed in parallel to support higher loads.
2. The second is the design of Workato recipes that executes the logic of the integration.
Set Up Your Own Real Time, High Volume Integration:
- Sign up for a free Workato account here.
- Browse hundreds of recipes and choose one that does what you’re looking for, or use the one above.
- Click the ‘Install’ Button to Copy the recipe to your profile.
- Customize the recipe with your custom objects and use case by filling in the fields.
- OR you can create your own recipe from scratch using simple Excel logic by clicking ‘+ Create recipe’ on the right of the search bar.
For more help on creating/customizing a recipe visit our help center for a quick video demonstration.
Zendesk users are making great recipes everyday - check out these resources for more information or individual help:
Post ist für Kommentare geschlossen.