Let me introduce you to kBackup! This little app will allow you to back up your help centre content at the click of a button to your local hard drive.
Using this app makes backing up your help centre content a breeze.
The app currently has a number of features and may be expanded to include additional features if the demand is there.
- The app will back up your help centres or web portals content to a specified folder as HTML pages in the format of [ArticleId].html. The app will first verify that the user exists in the given Zendesk domain. This is included for security reasons so only users who exist in the domain can back up the content.
- The app will work for any Zendesk help centre or web portal even if you chose to use the Host Mapping feature as the original Zendesk subdomain will still exist, regardless of what you have currently set as your hostname.
- Using the app to back up your help centre or web portal content is completely safe and will not affect any existing data, it will simply take a copy of it so there is no possibility for data loss during the process.
There are some requirements for using this app that need to be met in order for it to function correctly. I've included these requirements below:
- This program is compatible with Windows only.
- Please note that SSO sign-in and 2FA is not currently supported. A Zendesk account that was created and is managed within Zendesk is required.
- Your user must have ‘Password Access’ to the API enabled in Zendesk. You can do this by going to Settings > Channels (Subsection) > API and enabling ‘Password Access’.
- The app requires Microsoft.Net Framework 4.6 or higher to be installed on the Windows PC or Laptop where it’s being run, this version of the .NET Framework can be downloaded here.
- I recommend running the app as Administrator to avoid any permission issues backing up to your selected backup location. This can be done by right-clicking the kBackup.exe and selecting ‘Run as administrator’.
To get started with backing up your help centre content ensure that you have met the requirements above, then go ahead and follow the steps below:
- Download a copy of the app here
- Extract the downloaded kBackup.zip file to your Desktop
- Right click the app and select 'Run as administrator’
- Enter your Zendesk subdomain into the Domain field
- Enter your Zendesk users email into the Email field
- Enter your Zendesk users’ password into the Password field
- Select your Portal Type from the drop-down
- Select the Backup button
- Browse for a folder where you would like to back up your content and select Ok
After you have selected a folder and clicked Ok the backup process will begin and you will receive a notification letting you know when the backup is complete.
Download kBackup here!
Release notes have been moved into ReleaseNotes.txt which is now included in the download package.
Giving Feedback & Reporting Bugs
For any feedback, feature & functionality requests or bugs you may have come across please leave a reply here or email me at felix.stubner(@)gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
If kBackup has helped you and you want to show your appreciation feel free to click on the little up arrow on this post to up vote it. Thanks for your support!
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
If kBackup has helped you, please consider up-voting this post by clicking the up arrow below. This will help other users to find the post more easily. Thank you!
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.