As both a Geckoboard and a Zendesk user, I wanted to share this tip as I think it’s a super-handy way to make sure the team can access key metrics throughout the day, even if your team is fully or partially distributed.
Full disclosure, I work at Geckoboard as VP of Customer Success, but I’d like to share this as a Zendesk user of many years now. Truth is I’ve always wanted to embed key metrics such as FRT and CSAT in a place where I know everyone can see them (many times a day).
What is the challenge or problem you faced?
Communicating key metrics to everyone in a fully-distributed team.
Our team is normally around 70% remote, with team members dotted around the USA, Brazil, India and the UK, but ever since the various lockdowns around the world, we’ve gone fully remote.
Moreover, we face the challenge of working asynchronously and there’s normally a maximum of 3 people around at any given time which makes it even harder for everyone to be in sync and know where we are at with goals and KPIs.
What is your solution?
Embedding a live metrics dashboard in Zendesk ticket sidebar.
We’ve used Geckboard’s Zendesk integrations to create a dashboard that contains important metrics for the team to help them balance their work between channels, keep on top of ticket volume, and make sure we’re hitting our SLAs for FRT and CSAT. This dashboard updates every few minutes so the team can work with up-to-date information, and is simple enough for everyone on the team to understand at a glance.
Normally we have this up on a TV in the office, but given we’re all remote now, I’ve found a way to embed it inside Zendesk, where the team spend most of their time, using the iFrame ticket sidebar app. Now the team can quickly see the metrics we care about right within the tickets view.
What are the steps to implement your solution?
- With an open Zendesk session, navigate to the Iframe Ticket Sidebar app page in the app directory and click Install.
- With the app's setup page open, give the app a Title that describes it (i.e. "Team Metrics").
- Switch to Geckoboard, then find and copy your share link.
- Return to Zendesk, paste your share link into the iframe URL field
- Choose an iframe Height. We recommend changing this value to 300px or 400px to allow room for full visualizations to be displayed.
- Save the changes and complete the app's installation.
- Finally, adjust the location of the app to bring it to the top, or at least close to it, so that your agents can access it without needing to scroll.
- And that's it! Your key metrics are now in front of everyone in your team.
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.