Guide community tips for Help CenterAngeheftet
Check out these Guide tips for your Help Center!
Follow this post and we'll update you when we add a new tip.
Tips from the community
- Adding a notification banner to your Help Center - contributed by Wes
Add multilingual welcome note (placeholder text) in search box along with user name - contributed byTeam Diziana
- Add note and warning boxes to your articles - contributed by Daniel Murphey
- How to add tabs to your Help Center home page - contributed by Tal Admon
- Adding a video background on a category page - contributed by Tal Admon
- Request feedback after negative article vote - contributed by Tal Admon
- Recovering deleted Help Center content - contributed by Felix Stubner
- Back up your Help Center articles with the click of a button - contributed by Felix Stubner
- Create a table of contents automatically in Help Center articles - contributed by Nicolas Galluzzo
- How to put all sections and articles on home page - contributed by Vladan Jovic
- Allow community users to post embedded YouTube videos - contributed by Vladan Jovic
- How to show article labels as tags on Help Center articles - contributed by Wes and Jacob C Christensen
- How to export knowledge base content from your Help Center as PDF (get the app) - contributed by Patrick
- Add a home icon to your bread crumb navigation - contributed by Baruch
- Adding colored notes in articles - contributed by Tina Vo
- Add colored notes to articles based on keywords - contributed by Daniel Cooper
- Add expandable promoted article with article body - contributed by Customer Support Theme
- Default table formatting for Help Center articles - contributed by Lucky Herzberger
- Knowledge Capture publishing workflow - contributed by Andrew Schreiner
- Knowledge Capture publishing workflow - contributed by Anton Maslov
- multilingual content creation workflow - contributed by Jacob Christensen
- Our KCS implementation with Zendesk - contributed by Cale Shapera
- Adding an outside (non-helper) link in your header or other pages in your theme - contributed by David Raboy
- Adding agent badges in community - contributed by Brian Scavullo
- Export Guide article data as CSV - contributed by Scott Havard
- Custom Guide color theme selector - contributed by Chris Stock
- How to embed videos with a timestamp in Guide articles - contributed by Zac
- Expanding images in Help Center articles - contributed by Joshua Tallent
- How to get feedback on specific articles in Help Center - contributed by Scott Bowen
- Requiring a ticket attachment if a certain dropdown is selected - contributed by Karen D Snyder
- Displaying subsection lists on the category page - contributed by Amy Gracer
- Add sorting to your tables in Guide - contributed by Amy Gracer
- Showing predefined answers for custom field values in your Help Center webform - contributed by Andrei Kamarouski
- Add estimated reading times to articles - contributed by Sheldon Grimm
- How to make a table of contents (TOC) for Article template - contributed by Ifra Saqlain
- How to make section pages without pagination - contributed by Ashleigh Rentz
- Category page with (conditionally) expandable section lists - contributed by Ashleigh Rentz
- Add an arrow to scroll back to the top of the page - contributed by Trapta
Tips from the Zendesk team
- How can I remove the Submit a Request link from my Help Center - contributed by Jon Brummel
- Displaying an alternative author on your Help Center articles - contributed by Jake Bantz
- Selectively hiding Help Center components using Curlybars - contributed by Jake Bantz
- Redirecting traffic from deleted Help Center articles - contributed by Elliott B.
- Setting up a request-only Help Center - contributed by Rebecca
- Hiding article comments with Curly bars - contributed by Ray Roth
- Adding a disclaimer to a specific ticket form in your Help Center - contributed by Leah Guest
- Displaying satisfaction ratings and overall score in Help Center - contributed by Jennifer Rowe
- Customizing status icons for community posts - contributed by Laura Hippert
- Hiding the sign-up button on your Help Center - contributed by Ricardo
Be sure to also check out our Help Center customization section of Advice and Troubleshooting for more tips and solutions.
We'll continue to add tips to the list as we get them, so keep 'em coming!
I thought that people subscribed to this article "Help Center community tips" might like to get updates when things are added (and you won't get notification unless I add a comment, so here you go.)
So, the latest addition is a tip from Zendesk:
- Reversing the default sort order of articles in Help Center - contributed by Charles Nadeau
But there have been several additions in the last week or so, including three new community contributions from Wes.
Check them all out!
Hi, I have recently noticed that the option to insert iframes is no longer available in articles within HC as it was within Forums or is this option just different?
Also i am looking for a way automatically post articles in to the HC preferably by emailing these across to a designated mailbox. We have weekly reports that are generated outside of zendesk and would like to get them visible to our customers in an automated way, any suggestions or guidance would be great.
@leon You can still use HTML code so I think you would be able to add iframes as long as you have the HTML code for them. (Sorry for butting in; a Zendesk person will probably have a better answer!)
Just added a hot new tip!
- Add an arrow to scroll back to the top of the page - contributed by Wes
Two new tips:
- Adding a breadcrumb to Help Center Community - contributed by Andrea Saez
- Adding a lightbox (FancyBox) to Help Center - contributed by Daniel Pawluk
Two more tips, one from community and one from support:
- Embed videos in Help Center articles in two easy steps - contributed by Wes
- Add the Konami code to your Help Center - contributed by Aurash Pourmand
lol @ konami code.. now i must do this!
Looks like Andrea was so inspired by the konami code tip that she wrote another HC tip herself.
The latest addition is: Add "promoted articles" to front page and modify text in multiple languages - contributed by Andrea Saez
And she says there are more to come. :)
Another great HC tip from Andrea!
- Hiding Help Center Community topics by language - contributed by Andrea Saez
Plus one from newcomer Jan!
- Adding a custom font family in Help Center - contributed by Jan B
Two more tips from Andrea and Wes. There's no stopping those two! What great tips they are sharing!
Change the text for "My Activities" in Help Center - contributed by Andrea Saez
Change default text for the Search box in Help Center - contributed by Wes
And I added a link to our new Help Center CSS Cookbook from Charles on our docs team.
- Hiding Help Center content from users who haven't signed in - contributed by Charles Nadeau
- Adding a Syntax Highlighting Plugin (Snippet) to your Help Center - contributed by Daniel Pawluk
Show less than six articles in Help Center - contributed by Wes
- Identify logged-in Help Center visitors in Olark - contributed by Allen Hancock
Has anyone talked about how to add a live search component to the Help Center?
@David - Are you referring to a Search bar that will automatically show suggested articles as you are typing similar to what the search does here on the Zendesk site.
Yes, although ideally it would be nice if it showed actual article titles, rather than suggested search terms, which is what the search bar here seems to do.
I'm not sure how you'd add this as it's own piece of functionality but I did want to let you know we will be bringing the "live" search to Help Center down the road - I'm not sure if it'll be the same exactly the same as the Web Portal version but the idea is the same, to help spare you from having to type everything in. It doesn't look like this will be happening in very quickly but it is planned.
@Laura & David - Thanks for the update and thats good to know. I was talking this over with one of my developers and we will probably need the API in place in order to accomplish this. With the Help Center API it may be able to query the articles only in the search results like David suggested. I will look at this functionality more once the API gets into place.
Great! Would be very interested in an update when that becomes more available. Thanks for all the work you've done, Wes.
That's a great idea Wes! We'll make sure to let everyone know when the API is availble.
Just added from our support team:
- Integrating a step-by-step guide into your Help Center - contributed by Andrey Sarapulov
If anyone is interested, designed a simple help center template. You can find it here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/478929741595308761/
I like it, Andrea. Yes, nice and simple. :)
I forgot to add this before! And it's so cool--can't believe I forgot to share it here.
Here's the link to the custom HC theme created by Wes. He's already working on another. (:
- Custom Help Center theme - contributed by Wes
It's been a little while...but we got a new tip from our HC boss, Wes. :)
- Adding a notification banner to your Help Center - contributed by Wes
A new HC tip from one of our CSMs:
- Hide or show HTML based on user's role or group - contributed by Aurash Pourmand
Wes just released his second custom HC theme and a new tip. Yay, Wes!
Help Center custom theme #2 - contributed by Wes
Help Center Community: Lock questions down after an official answer has been selected - contributed by Wes
I've been looking around and haven't seen many documents regarding the search function in the Help Center. Is it possible to have approved/official comments show up when End Users use the search bar? Would love if comments would show up from articles and ideas/questions in the Community section. Not sure how it would work for the two separate instances.
@Jennifer - At this time you can't edit or customize the Search results. Maybe this is something Zendesk can look at it and add to their Roadmap as it would be a nice feature to have.
Would love if that made it into the Suggestion Box @Wes. Thank you!
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.