Thanks for joining me at Camp for a hike through the woods of Managing Agent Accounts. Let's recap our journey.
I appreciate you gathering around the campfire and letting me tell a few stories about my real-life experience working at Camp.
Here is a link for you fans of the movie Friday the 13th, don't be scared.
For those looking for a quick read, I recommend checking our my book recommendation, Camp, by Michael Eisner. Available at great booksellers and your local library.
Our discussion was guided with my 5 steps to managing agent accounts.
- Know what you licensed! Read your service order and if you don't know what it says, ask lots of questions.
- Monitor and track your license compliance. Get a spreadsheet and track your month to month usage. Develop a simple method to forecast your usage to ensure no overage at the end of the term.
- Develop a process for onboarding users - Work with your internal teams to see if you can link Zendesk to a corporate SSO application (Okta, Azure, etc.) Document the steps to request and create a user and ensure it gets provisioned properly,
- APIs and Postman are your Besties! Check out the developer documentation on user APIs. Learn how Postman can make you an API guru, even if you never used an API in your life. Join the Developer User Group led by Zack Olinger and watch his Postman tutorial.
- Don’t just suspend! - Remember a suspended account is not enough to remove the seat from you active agent count. Review the article, Suspending a user.
August means its time for Summer Vacation 🏖! I will be sure to send you all a postcard. We will take a break from our meetups, but we will be back in the fall with meetups in September, October and our End of Year Party in November. Space is going fast, and gets limited, so use the links below to signup for all our events today. Why not block off the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 12PM ET so you never miss an event!
Have some cool tips and tricks you use in your Zendesk Admin work? Share it with the group, reach out to me and I would love to feature you in our September Meetup in whatever medium you are comfortable.
While we won't get to meet in August, pop some Pop-Corn and have a listen to the new Zendesk Podcast. I was so grateful for the star and host Nicole Saunders to drop in and tell is a little more about the show and give us a sneak-peak on future episodes. I can't wait for the next episode dropping on 7/26/23.
Thank you to the 511 Members of this chapter for your participation and trust in me leading this group. I don't do things that aren't fun, so the time I get to work with this group has been amazing. I thank you for putting up with my writings, odd jokes, and quirky presentations.
A few of you have reached out and I promise to return those communications as soon as possible.
I am off to start (over) packing my luggage, I dislike packing. In my daily life I use the same things everyday, I am kind of boring. When I pack for vacation, I think to myself, if I'll need 4 French horns or 5.
Keep the ants marching!
PS - If anyone here is a Scouting patch collector or the parent of a Scouting patch collector, reach out and I can see what I can do to add to your collection!
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.