What are some basic troubleshooting steps to narrow the scope of any performance issues with Zendesk Support?
Performance issues can be caused by any number of things. If you or your agents start running into trouble, start by checking https://status.zendesk.com/ for any ongoing issues. If everything is displaying as normal then consider the following questions and steps you can take to effectively troubleshoot where the problem lies:
General considerations to help narrow scope and determine what may be causing issues:
- Are other sites being affected or just Support?
- Is everything slow, or is it just one part of Support that is experiencing issues?
- Is there a specific action that your agents are unable to take? (For example, ticket creation is failing, or views are not loading/updating)
- Can you reproduce this behavior consistently or is it random and sporadic?
- How many people are being affected? One agent, a small subset, or all?
- Try to confirm if you can reproduce this issue across multiple browsers and machines or if is it specific to a particular set-up.
- Check if you have any network ports that are locked down.
- Check to see if issues persist on another network.
- Confirm if this may be tied to your connection (are you on a wired connection or wireless?).
- Check if there's any anti-virus software installed or browser extensions enabled, if so, confirm if this issue continue if they are turned off.
- Clear your cache and cookies.
If you're still experiencing issues, either submit a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1 (888) 670-4887 and let us know what you've already tested!
- Options to clear cache and cookies
- Generating a HAR file for troubleshooting
- Generating a traceroute for troubleshooting
- Zendesk Talk Troubleshooting Tips