When are Talk calls recorded and what parts of calls are recorded?
As long as a ticket is created for a phone call, generally there is an audio recording to go along with that call if recording is enabled for the Talk number associated with the ticket. With that in mind, there are a couple of scenarios where portions of the call workflow are not recorded.
What is recorded
- Calls answered by an agent via the web browser or on an agent forwarding number
- Calls transferred to an external phone number by an agent
What is not recorded
- The portion of the call while the user is on hold and waiting for an agent to become available
- Any consultation, traditionally before transferring a call to another party (warm transfers)
- A call which routes to an IVR phone tree branch that directs the call to an external phone number
Audio recording settings
If you would like to completely disable these audio recordings for a number or control other settings surrounding these calls, have a look at this article which will walk you through updating the related Talk settings.