When are Talk calls recorded and what parts of calls are recorded?
As long as a ticket is created for a phone call, generally there is a recording to go along with that call if recording is enabled for the Talk number associated with the ticket. With that in mind, there are a couple of scenarios where portions of the call workflow are not recorded.
What is recorded
- Calls answered by an agent via the web browser or on an Agent Forwarding number.
- Calls transferred to an external phone number by an agent.
What is not recorded
- The portion of the call while the user is on hold and waiting for an agent to become available.
- Any consultation, traditionally before transferring a call to another party (warm transfers).
- A call which routes to an IVR phone tree branch that directs the call to an external phone number.
If you would like to completely disable recordings for a number or control other settings surrounding these calls, have a look at this article which will walk you through updating the related Talk settings.