How do I deal with duplicate group values in Insights?
If all visible choices in the agent interface under Admin > Manage > People > Groups do not contain duplicate values it means Insights is showing you a deleted group. Deleted groups are not shown in the Zendesk interface but still exist in your account. You cannot act on deleted groups, so you will have to use the Core API to rename the group so you can differentiate between the two in Insights.
To manage duplicate group values in Insights
- Rename existing groups with the same name from the interface under Admin > Manage > People > Groups
- Find both duplicated group ID's with Insights by following these steps:
- Open Insights
- Create a new custom report
- Under HOW search for "Ticket Group" and click on it.
- Under Applied Filter choose Filter This Attribute
- Search for the duplicate groups and select both.
- Repeat step 2.
- Under Display Label choose "Ticket Group" instead of "Ticket Group Name".
- Make a note of both group ID's.
- Determine which group ID is the deleted group by following these steps:
- Retrieve your subdomain and make sure you have both group ID's from earlier steps.
- Make an API call for each group ID.
- Change the following url and replace <mysubdomain> with your subdomain and <group_id> with a group ID: https://<mysubdomain>.zendesk.com/api/v2/groups/<group_id>.json
- If this group is deleted there should be a line with "deleted": true.
- Rename the deleted group by following the steps outlined in our API documentation for deleting groups.
- Once renamed you will have to wait until the next synchronization of your Insights project.
- Should the group not be renamed, please contact our customer service team as we will have to ask GoodData to perform a full reload on your Insights project.