You can create a Connect in-product message (IPM) campaign that targets every visitor to your website, whether logged in to the site or not. This way, you can let everyone who comes to your website know about new features, promotions, or share other important announcements.
This article discusses the following topics:
Setting up an all-visitor IPM campaign
All-visitor IPM campaigns are set up on the Campaigns page.
To set up an all-visitor, in-product message campaign
- In Connect, click the Campaigns icon ()to open the Campaigns page.
- Click New Campaign.
- Use the campaign builder to begin creating a campaign, as described in Creating and sending campaigns. On the Recipients step, select Target All:
- Finish setting up the campaign, and send or schedule it as needed.
When your campaign is live, it's displayed to any visitor to a web page with the Connect code snippet, whether they are logged in or not. For information on the Connect code snippet, see Installing the Connect code snippet.
All-visitor campaign limitations
The following limitations currently apply to all-visitor campaigns. These limitations may change as the feature is developed.
- The in-product message (IPM) is displayed only to the first 500 visitors to your website. All visitors, logged in or not, count towards the 500 visitor limit. However, visitors are only shown the campaign on their first visit to your website, unless they use a different web browser or clear their browser cache before subsequent visits.
- Campaigns end when the 500 visitor limit is reached, or when the campaign is scheduled to end, whichever comes first.
Statistics for all-visitor campaigns are captured in the Reporting dashboard. However, there is no table displaying the name and status of campaign recipients, as they are not identified.