The Knowledge Capture app enables agents to:
- Search the Help Center without leaving the ticket
- Insert links to relevant Help Center articles in ticket comments
- Add inline feedback to existing articles that need updates
- Create new articles while answering tickets, using a pre-defined template
You must have Guide Professional to install the Knowledge Capture early access app. The Knowledge Capture app can replace other apps you may have installed, including the Answer Suggestion app and the Ticket to Help Center app.
To install the Knowledge Capture beta app
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Apps > Manage.
- Remove /manage from the URL.
The URL should look something like this: https://yoursubdomain.zendesk.com/agent/admin/apps
- Click the Zendesk Apps Beta section on the right or Search.
This category is available to beta customers only.
- Find the Knowledge Capture app, version 4.0.0, and click the icon.
Important: Be sure to select the app labeled "Knowledge Capture," without "Beta" in the title. It's version 4.0.0. Do not select the older version of the app labeled "Knowledge Capture - Beta".
- Click Install app.
- On the Installation page, enter a new Title, if you'd like.
- Click Enable role restrictions if you'd like to limit app access to specific roles.
If you are on the Support Enterprise plan, your custom roles will be options here. Otherwise, the options are administrators or agents.
- Click Install.
The Knowledge Capture app is added to your My Apps page. To start using the app, open any ticket, then open the Apps panel and locate the Knowledge Capture app.
For information on using with the Knowledge Capture beta app, see Using the Knowledge Capture app.