The Knowledge Capture app is installed by default with Guide. The app enables agents to:
- Search the Help Center without leaving the ticket
- Insert links to relevant Help Center articles in ticket comments
- (Guide Professional and Enterprise) Add inline feedback to existing articles that need updates
- (Guide Professional and Enterprise) Create new articles while answering tickets, using a pre-defined template
The Knowledge Capture app is available in the Apps Marketplace if you need to install it again for some reason.
To install the Knowledge Capture app
- In Zendesk Support, select Admin > Apps > Marketplace, then find the Knowledge Capture app and click the icon.
Alternatively, go directly to https://www.zendesk.com/apps/support/knowledge-capture.
- Click Install.
- On the Installation page, enter a new Title, if you'd like.
- Select or deselect any of the app settings, as needed:
- (Guide Professional and Enterprise only) Allow agents to create new articles enables agents to use the app to create new articles using a pre-defined template (see Creating articles).
- (Guide Professional and Enterprise only) Allow agents to flag articles enables agents to use the app to identify existing articles that need updates and add inline comments (see Flagging articles).
- Show in ticket editor shows the app in the ticket editor. You can choose to display the app in both the editor and the apps panel.
For tickets from social channels or markdown tickets where the rich text editor is not available, the app will be available in the sidebar app location.
- Show in the Apps panel shows the app in the apps panel in the ticket sidebar.
- Auto-select brand for search enables the app to search the Help Center of the brand set on the ticket. When deselected, the app searches the Help Center based on the agent's last selected brand in the Knowledge Capture app.
- Click Enable role restrictions if you'd like to limit app access to specific roles, then select a role.
You can select multiple roles.
- Click Enable group restrictions if you'd like to limit app access to specific groups, then select a group.
You can select multiple groups.
- Click Install.
The Knowledge Capture app is added. To start using the app, see Opening the Knowledge Capture app.
For information about using the Knowledge Capture app, see: