Disclaimer: This article is provided for instructional purposes only. Zendesk does not support or guarantee custom reports. Please post any issues you have in the comments section or try searching for a solution online.
This metric allows you to report on ticket creation events with more precision than the default # Tickets Created metric. This can be useful for a variety of reports. Two common examples are detailed ticket channel information and finding tickets created by agents.
This metric does not accurately count tickets from inbound ticket sharing agreements.
Open the metric editor and create this metric:
- SELECT COUNT(Ticket Id, Ticket Text Field Change) WHERE Text Field = Status AND [Text Field] Previous Value = (empty value) AND Ticket Status <> Deleted
Please note: You can't simply copy and paste in the metric editor. You must select the color-coded items from the Elements list on the right:
- Ticket Id, Ticket Text Field Change, Text field, [Text Field] Previous Value, and Ticket Status are all under Attributes
- Status is under Attribute Values > Text Field
- (empty value) is under Attribute Values > [Text Field] Previous Value
- Deleted is under Attribute Values > Ticket Status
When you select "Attribute Values," it will show you the list of attributes again. This is normal. When you select an attribute, it will show you the values for that attribute.
This metric works by finding the update where the Status goes from nothing to something. Since tickets always have a status, this only happens once: when a ticket is first created.
Here are some useful attributes to use with this metric:
- Updater: the person who created the ticket
- Updater Role: the role of the ticket creator; useful for finding tickets created by agents
- Ticket Update Via: the ticket channel; includes more detail than Ticket Via
- Date (Event): when the ticket was created