Can I restrict a ticket form so that it can only be used by agents in a specific group?
Although there is no way to restrict the ticket form to a group (or set of groups), you could use a trigger that identifies any update where an assignee attempts to use a ticket form that they are not allowed to use based on their group. This same logic can be used to prevent agents that support different brands from using a ticket form that belongs to a different brand. In this case, each brand would be supported by a specified group, these groups would then be restricted to specific forms as desired. For more information on ticket forms please see, Creating ticket forms to support multiple requests types (Professional Add-On and Enterprise).
To create the trigger
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, go to Business Rules > Triggers, and click to add a new trigger.
- Under Meet ALL of the following conditions
- Ticket: Group > (name of agent's group)
- Ticket: Form > (name of form)
- Under Meet ANY of the following conditions
- Ticket > is > Created
- Ticket > is > Updated.
- You will want the action of the trigger to set the ticket form back to your default ticket form, as well as notify the assignee that they cannot use this particular ticket form.
For more information on creating and managing triggers please see our article, Creating and managing triggers for ticket updates and notifications.