End-user is unable to set tickets to a Solved status within the your Help Center.
- End-user is updating a ticket within the Help Center
- End-user tries to set the status of a ticket to Solved
- Ensure that the ticket type is not Problem. Setting a Problem ticket to a solved status will automatically change the status of any linked incident tickets as well. Since linked incidents may belong to different end-users, Zendesk prevents the ability for the original end-user to solve them out because the problem-incident relationship only allows you to mark a problem ticket as solved with a public update to all linked incident tickets. For more information on the problem-incident workflow, Working with problem and incident tickets
- Ensure that the ticket in question has an assignee. Tickets that are in a less than solved status without an agent as an assignee are unable to be solved out by end-users. This rule holds true even if the ticket is assigned to a group. It is also important to note that tickets with a new status cannot be solved out by an end-user within Help Center, as these tickets do not have an assignee. New tickets will appear to the end-user in an open status, when viewing in the Help Center.
- Check to ensure that there is no custom JS script that is interfering with the functionality. You will also want to ensure that there is not any custom CSS that is affecting the element on the page as well. To check the native code go to Edit > Customize Design > Switch Theme (Copenhagen). Once on the Copenhagen theme you can view the native code by going to Edit > Customize Design > Edit Theme. For more information on editing your theme, see Customizing your Help Center theme.