Why does Zendesk require so many permissions to authenticate with Google Apps?
Each permission is based off of a feature that may be needed to help manage your support addresses, and do it in a way where you don't have to leave Support to do so.
Here is a breakdown of each permission and its corresponding reason for requesting access:
- View your basic profile
- This is a standard integration requirement to match your user name with your Zendesk credentials.
- View and Manage the settings of a Google apps group
- This streamlines the Google Apps groups with Zendesk groups sync to seamlessly update existing support addresses or add new ones.
- Manage the email settings of users on your domain
- This manages user creation when a new user emails this support address.
- View and manage the provisioning of users on your domain
- This manages agent user additions and removals.
- This also helps with verification via Google Single Sign On.
- View and manage the provisioning of groups on your domain
- This allows you to provision new support addresses.
- View and Manage the provisioning of domains for your customers
- This provides synchronization between your Support and Google accounts.
- Manage your new site Verifications with Google
- This is included for Help Center Google analytics verifications, and SPF and DKIM record setting.