This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. To learn more about these features, register for the What's New webinar.
Zendesk Support features
- Add apps to your editor toolbar, so you and your agents can easily access Editor Apps directly in the Rich Text Editor in Zendesk Support. See Zendesk Apps Framework.
- Inbound HTML email processing reads any HTML formatting included in an email and processes it into your incoming Support tickets. Everything you see in your inbox will be included in the ticket, so agents won't miss any of the ticket's context.
- Multi-group macros allows you to share your macros with multiple groups at the same time. On the macro edit page, the "Agents in group" field will no longer limit entries to a single group. See Creating personal or shared macros (administrators).
- New JIRA integration feature gives you a better way to share information between JIRA and Zendesk Support. You can now sync Support ticket and JIRA issue data in near real time, using Field Syncing. See Using the JIRA field syncing feature.
- Improvements to the Salesforce integration increases the sync limit from 20k records to 250k records and includes new functionalities to make syncing data between Zendesk Support and Salesforce easier.
- Ticket forms are now available on Support SDK and Web Widget, so you can collect ticket field information when a user submits a new request via the Support SDK or Web Widget. If you update your ticket forms in Zendesk Support, those changes will immediately appear in your apps. See Creating ticket forms to Support multiple request types (Professional Add-on and Enterprise).
Zendesk Chat features
Zendesk Talk features
- Callback from queue allows callers to opt out of waiting and request a callback when an agent becomes available instead. See Allowing customers to request a callback (Talk Advanced).
- Call monitoring lets Zendesk admins listen in on a call without alerting the customer or the agent, join calls when an agent requires assistance, and then leave without disturbing the call. See Monitoring call with the Live calls dashboard (Talk Advanced).
Zendesk Guide features
- Updated admin interface and Help Center navigation, so you can navigate and access your Guide settings easier. See Introducing Guide- The evolution of Help Center
- History view displays every article change made, so you can follow up with agents if any issues occur. See Viewing events in History view (Guide Professional).