How can I report on my macro usage?
You can report on your macros by having your macro automatically tag a ticket. You can then report on those tags in Insights. At the moment, this is the only way to report on macros.
Reporting on macros can be crucial for making informed business decisions. For example, could your most popular macro responses be added to your Help Center to deflect tickets? Or can you safely remove certain macros that are not being utilized as often?
This tip discusses how you can leverage Insights to report on your macros.
Tagging your macros
This section will discuss how you can add tags to your macros. You can either add tags to existing macros or create new ones. See Organizing and managing your macros and Creating macros for tickets for more information.
To add tags to a macro
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Manage > Macros.
- Click Add macro or select Edit from the macros options menu () next to the macro you want to edit.
- In the editing macro page, select Add tags from the drop-down list in the Actions section.
- Add the tag of your choice in the text box to the right. If you're using multiple tags, use spaces to separate them.
The edit macro page will look like this:
- Click Create or Save.
Reporting on those tags in Insights
Now that you have your macros adding tags to your tickets, you’ll be able to report on these tags by using the attribute Ticket Tags. Here’s an example of a report you can build to monitor your macro usage.
To report on macro tags
- In Zendesk Support, click the Reporting icon ().
- Select the Insights tab, then click the GoodData link in the right corner.
- Select Report from the toolbar.
- Click Create report.
- In the What panel, select the metric # Tickets.
- In the How panel, select the attribute Ticket Tags.
- Filter the attribute, so you are only looking at your macro tags.
- Click Done.
The report will look something like this:
This is just one example of a report you can build to track macro usage.
For a detailed recipe on reporting on ticket tags, you can check out Reporting on ticket tags in our Support tech notes.