Version 2 of the Shopify integration has finally launched!
This article covers the following topics:
- Migrating from Version 1 to Version 2
- Functionality Overview
- Frequently asked questions
Migrating from Version 1 to Version 2
Setting up the integration from within Shopify
- Go to https://apps.shopify.com/zendesk
- You will be either be prompted to click GET to install the app or if you have installed the app the Get Started page will be displayed
- Click on I have an Account
- Enter your Zendesk subdomain
- Allow the integration to have access to your Zendesk account
- The integration will automatically configure and setup the Shopify account in your Zendesk Support instance and install the web widget in your storefront.
- Set up the integration and the Shopify app in Zendesk without having to leave the Shopify admin panel.
- Easily enable or disable the web widget and Shopify app in Zendesk.
- Select the order information that you want to be displayed in the Shopify app in Zendesk
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the Web Widget showing up on my online store?
- The Web Widget is enabled by default with the installation of the Zendesk for Shopify V2 Integration
- It can be disabled on the Zendesk App settings found within the Shopify Admin Panel
Where do I control which data gets passed through to the Zendesk Support interface?
- All data is controlled through the Zendesk App settings found within the Shopify Admin Panel
- Tick the boxes for which data you want to be sent through to the integration!
How can I setup the integration for multiple storefronts?
You will need to login to each of your Shopify accounts and install the Zendesk app from there. These will result in multiple Shopify app instances installed in your Support account depending on the number of stores you set up the integration with.
I would like to setup the integration with a new Support account?
Create a Zendesk Support account in zendesk.com/register prior to going to https://apps.shopify.com/zendesk and select use an existing domain.
I would like to keep using version 1 of the Shopify app?
Although not recommended, you may continue using the version 1 of the Shopify app by not installing the latest version of Shopify app from the marketplace. We will, however, force all users to migrate to version 2 30 days after we go live on version 2.