When you set access to Help Center content, you define user segments to specify the users who are permitted to access the content. User segments are traditionally built using attributes such as tags, groups, and organizations, however you can also add individual users, for example, as an exception to your segmentation rules, or because there are no well-defined rules to apply for segments of smaller sizes.
Guide admins have access to all content, regardless of any user segments they belong to.
You must be a Guide admin to create or edit user segments. See Creating user segments for Guide user permissions for full guidance on creating user segments in Guide.
- In Guide, click the User permissions icon () in the sidebar.
- On the User Segments page, click Add new, or click an existing user segment to
edit it. Note: You'll only be able to edit user segments that you created or have permissions to edit.
- If you are creating a new user segment, enter a name.
- If you are creating a new user segment, select a user type as the base of your user segment.
- Signed-in users include internal and external users who create an account and sign in to your Help Center.
- Staff are internal users only, including agents and admins.
- Click Add individual users to add users to a new user segment, or click
Individual users to add users to an existing user segment. You can add up to 50
users to a user segment. You can add individual users along with any other group, tag, or
organization filters. Individual users do not need to meet any filters to be included in the user segment, and if only individual users are in a user segment, the segment will contain only those users.Note: If you add individual users, they are added to the user segment regardless of any group, tag, or organization filters that you have set.
As you add users, a list of matching users appears on the right side of the screen. See Creating user segments for Guide user permissions for instructions on adding other attributes to your user segment.
- Click Create segment if you are creating a new user segment, or Save segment, if you are editing an existing user segment.