Examples of leveraging these API methods for advanced customization can be found here.
- Must be using the Web Widget
- Must be comfortable creating custom code
- Navigate to Admin () > Channels > Widget
- Verify the widget is customized to show desired Zendesk Support Features
- Copy the widget code from the setup tab
- Navigate to the page where the widget should appear
- Paste the Widget code in the header or footer of the page
- In JS section of page code, enter the zE.hide method after the $(document).ready(function)
Note: Your page will have more scripts in the document.ready (function)
- Enter the zE.show method to have widget show when custom text or an image is clicked.