|Announced on||Development ends||Removal|
|July 13, 2017||October 13, 2017||October 13, 2017|
If you are currently using the Zendesk SugarCRM integration, you need to switch over to a partner solution.
This article covers the following topics:
- What does this mean?
- Why is Zendesk removing this?
- Am I affected?
- What do I need to do?
- What happens if I didn't migrate before the removal date?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should I contact if I need help or have questions?
The Zendesk SugarCRM integration was developed by Zendesk several years ago and supports only older versions of SugarCRM (6x - 7.5). Our friends at SugarOutfitters created a newer and better integration product. We will be deprecating the Zendesk-built version, so we encourage customers to migrate to the partner solution.
The new integration cost starts at $49/month per Zendesk instance.
This is what the milestones mean:
- Between the announcement and end of development, Zendesk will not make feature updates to the Zendesk SugarCRM integration, but will continue to make minor bug and security fixes at our discretion.
- When development ends, Zendesk will no longer address bugs and minor issues specific to the Zendesk SugarCRM integration, but we will resolve any major breakage in functionality until the removal date.
- When development ends, Zendesk will also no longer support the Zendesk SugarCRM integration, but we will support your efforts to switch to the partner integration.
- After the removal date, the Zendesk SugarCRM integration will stop working.
Zendesk is removing its version of this integration because a partner developed a new integration for SugarCRM: https://www.zendesk.com/apps/sugarcrm-for-zendesk/
For more details about the Zendesk Feature Removal policy, How much notice will Zendesk give for feature removal.
If you have the Zendesk-build SugarCRM integration installed, you are affected by this change. To check if you have this app installed, please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Zendesk account as an Admin.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar.
- Select Apps > Manage.
- Search for an app called SugarCRM with the following logo:
The App Contact is Zendesk.
Zendesk encourages you to switch to the partner integration. To do so:
- Uninstall the Zendesk-build SugarCRM app.
- Go to Module Loader within Sugar and click uninstall on the existing connector.
- Start a free trial with the our partner's app here.
The Zendesk-build SugarCRM app will no longer work after the October 13, 2017 removal date.
- What versions of SugarCRM does our partner solution support that the Zendesk SugarCRM integration doesn't?
- Is there feature parity between the partner solution and the Zendesk SugarCRM integration?
There are many features that the partner integration also has:
- Support for SugarCRM 6.5 - 7.9+ (including 6.5 Community edition)
- displaying SugarCRM data via sidebar app in Zendesk
- adding a Zendesk dashlet to SugarCRM layouts and view tickets
- There two noteworthy pieces of functionality that the partner integration does not currently support:
- Ticket>Case functionality (via a trigger/target)
- Create/Edit tickets from SugarCRM (partner solution is read-only from both sides)
Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.