|Announced on||Development ends||Removal|
|July 13, 2017||October 13, 2017||October 13, 2017|
If you are currently using the Zendesk Dynamics CRM integration, you need to switch to a partner solution.
This article covers the following topics:
- What does this mean?
- Why is Zendesk removing this?
- Am I affected?
- What do I need to do?
- What happens if I didn't migrate before the removal date?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should I contact if I need help or have questions?
The Zendesk Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration was developed by Zendesk several years ago and supports only older versions of Dynamics CRM (2011 - 2013). Our friends at eOne Solutions have created an up-to-date integration with support for newer versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We will be deprecating the Zendesk-built version, so we encourage customers to migrate to the partner solution.
The new integration cost is $50/month per Zendesk instance.
This is what the milestones mean:
- Between the announcement and end of development, Zendesk will not make feature updates to the Zendesk Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration, but will continue to make minor bug and security fixes at our discretion.
- When development ends, Zendesk will
- Only resolve major breakage (and no longer address bugs and minor issues)
- Support your efforts to switch to the partner integration (but no longer offer support for Zendesk Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration)
- After the removal date, the Zendesk Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration will stop working.
Zendesk is removing its version of this integration because a partner developed a new integration for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
For more details about the Zendesk Feature Removal policy, How much notice will Zendesk give for feature removal.
If you have the Zendesk-build Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration installed, you are affected by this change. To check if you have this app installed, please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Zendesk account as an Admin.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar.
- Select Apps > Manage.
- Look for an app called Microsoft with the following logo:
The App Contact is Zendesk.
Zendesk encourages you to switch to the partner app and stop using the Zendesk-built version of the app.
The Zendesk-build Microsoft Dynamics CRM app will no longer work after the October 13, 2017 removal date.
- What versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM does the partner solution support that the Zendesk integration does not?
Our partner solution supports Microsoft Dynamics 2015 and Microsoft Dynamics 2016 onwards. It supports both on-Premise and cloud products.
- What versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM does Zendesk integration support that the partner solution support does not?
The Zendesk integration supports Dynamics 2011-2013, which the partner version does not Support. Note that these versions will no longer be supported by Microsoft as of January 8th, 2019.
- Is there feature parity between the partner solution and the Zendesk Dynamics CRM integration
Yes, our partner solution includes:
- Displaying Contact, Account and Lead information within Zendesk via the sidebar app
- Ticket panel can be added to Dynamics page layouts
- Ability to view, create and update tickets within Dynamics
- Ticket-to-case functionality. one-way push of Zendesk tickets to Dynamics case
Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.