This article instructions how to remove agents from groups in Support.
To implement this change, you must:
- Have a Team, Professional, or Enterprise Support plan
- Be an administrator in your Support account
- Re-assign all tickets from this group to either another agent in this group, or to the general group.
If you remove an agent from a group and do not re-assign any of that agents assigned tickets, in a Solved status, those tickets will be re-assigned to the first agent listed alphabetically in that group. This rule will exclude any light agents or users in the group that do not possess the permissions to be assigned tickets.
If you do not want either of the above two points to occur when you remove an agent from a group, you will need to manually re-assign the tickets elsewhere which are assigned to them.
Option 1: Remove an agent from a group via the groups list
If you're wanting to remove agents from groups in bulk, you may choose to do that from the groups list. To do this:
- Click the Admin icon () on the sidebar, then select People.
- Select groups to view all of your current groups.
- Select the edit link next to the group you want to modify.
- You will see a list of all agents currently in this group. Deselect the checkbox next to the agent(s) you would like to remove from this group.
Option 2: Remove an agent from a group via their user profile page
If you are wanting to manage groups on a per-agent basis, it may be easier to visit your agents' profile pages individually to remove them from a group. To do this:
- Search for the agent in question and navigate to their profile page
- Select the user field, Groups on the left side of the page
- Select/deselect the groups you wish this agent to be a part of. The groups they're a member of will be highlighted in green.
- If you're removing the agent from their default group, you will need to designate an alternate default group before you can remove them from that group. To do that, select the new default group from the Default group drop-down menu.