How can I remove agents from groups?
Before removing an agent from a group, re-assign any of their assigned Open, Pending, or On-hold tickets prior to removing the agent. Otherwise, those tickets are re-assigned back to the group.
If you remove an agent from a group and do not re-assign any of that agent's assigned tickets, in a Solved status, the below actions can happen:
- The tickets are re-assigned to the first agent listed alphabetically in that group (this rule excludes any light agents or users in the group that do not possess the permissions to be assigned tickets)
- The tickets are reassigned to the account owner if there is no other agent in that group.
If you do not want either of the above two points to occur, manually re-assign the tickets that are assigned to them.
You can remove agents from groups in two different ways.
- Remove an agent from a group through the group's list
To remove agents from groups in bulk, you can choose to do that from the group's list. To do this:
- Click the Admin icon () on the sidebar, then select People.
- Select groups to view all of your current groups.
- Select the edit link next to the group you want to modify.
- You will see a list of all agents currently in this group. Deselect the checkbox next to the agent(s) you want to remove from this group.
- Remove an agent from a group through their user profile page
If you want to manage groups on a per-agent basis, it may be easier to visit your agents' profile pages individually to remove them from a group. For detailed instructions on how to do this, see the article: Adding agents to groups.