Article revisions are the body and title edits that are made to each version of a knowledge base article. Each time the Update button is clicked, a version of the article is saved. You can view the changes that were made to any version, and you can restore any version, if you need to.
In addition to viewing the body and title revisions for an article, you can also easily view the article's complete history of changes, including: publishing events, author changes, label changes, body updates, and section changes.
To view the history of the article, see Viewing article events and history for a specific article.
Viewing revisions for an article
You can view previous versions of an article and the revisions that were made in each version. Revisions include all changes made to the body and title.
To view revisions for an article
- Navigate to the article you want to review, then click Edit article in the top menu bar.
- Click Revisions at the top of the article.
- Select any version in the article sidebar to see the changes that were made to that
version.Note: If you were an existing customer on February 15th, 2017, you can see revisions beginning February 15th, 2017. If you became a customer after that date, revisions begin on the date you enabled Guide.
- Review the changes.
The revisions show you the differences between the selected version and the previous version. Removed content is shown in red and added content is shown in green.
You can restore a previous version if you want, by clicking Restore, see Restoring a previous version of an article. You can see the article's history by clicking Article history.
- If you want to hide the revisions while you are viewing a version, click Show changes at the top to toggle changes off.
- Click Back to return to the published version of the article.
Restoring a previous version of an article
You can view previous versions of an article and restore any version to make it the current published version.
To view a previous version of an article
- Navigate to the article, then click Edit article in the top menu bar.
at the top of the article.
- Select the version you want to restore in the article sidebar, then click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm that you want to revert to that version.
The article editor shows the restored selected version.
- To publish the restored version differs depending on your plan type, For Professional, click Save. For Enterprise, click the drop-down arrow on Save, then select Publish now.