Talk Enterprise customers have access to a monthly Diagnostics Check, which allows them to discuss information about their usage with a Talk support expert.
The Diagnostics Check consists of two items:
- A diagnostic report containing basic actionable information around your Zendesk Talk instance (which is detailed below).
- A one-hour call with a Zendesk Talk support expert to review each of these items in detail and answer any questions you may have surrounding a particular measure and to review specific problem calls so that action can be taken on them.
Using the diagnostic report
The diagnostic report consists of the following screenshots, with a description based on your stats:
On this report, we get an overall view of your account. Each number represents different information regarding your account that allows us to diagnose various issues:
- Failed to connect: Did you have a number of calls that did not connect in the past month? This stat will reveal that.
- Terminated with Error: If your call connected but your agent’s browser later encountered an error that caused them to disconnect from the call, that will be logged here.
- Affected by Network: If a call stays connected throughout but there are performance issues during the call such as high latency or spikes of packet loss, the call will flag as “affected by network” and be reflected in this stat.
- Feedback Issues/Feedback Score: If you use the Zendesk Talk Feedback App, calls that your agents rate will have the ratings collected here for review.
- Disconnected by Agent: Twilio records whether the agent or your end user disconnects the call. If you have workflow guides that dictate your agents never end a call, this stat can display how often your agents are meeting that guideline.
Terminated with Error Deep Dive
On our phone call we can get more detailed information about calls that were terminated by error:
- Client: This points at the specific agent’s machine that generated the error. With the agent ID provided, we are able to let you know what specific agent or agents are seeing the most problems, allowing you to prioritize actions to improve their Talk quality.
- IP Addresses: If your business spans multiple locations, we can use the IP address to help you identify a problem affecting a single location.
- Direction: At this point in time, this stat is not used.
- Region: If your agents have calls routing through multiple different regions, we can identify region-specific issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Browser: If you use multiple browsers within your organization, we can use this stat to identify a specific browser causing calls to be terminated by error, which can allow for you to temporarily swap agents to a different browser.
Affected by Network Deep Dive
The Affected by Network deep dive section allows us to find out some useful information for agents who may be having performance issues with calls:
- Total Network Warnings: We break down the errors by type of warning. For example, if many of the warnings were generated due to a high packet loss, that can give you useful information to share with your IT team to troubleshoot the network.
- Top Affected Clients: This allows us to see (much like the Terminated with Error deep dive) the agents that are having the most issue. As with that section, we can get agent names to share with you so that you can direct troubleshooting efforts where they will have the most impact.
- Client: This shows a breakdown of the types of affect that were had on the specific agent’s connection,helping to further direct troubleshooting at a problem area.
- IP Address: As with the Terminated by Error deep dive, we can also pinpoint issues to a specific IP address -- so if you’re on a network with multiple IPs, we can track down the issue further.
Using your monthly support call
If you'd like more information about the monthly one-hour phone call to discuss this diagnostic, or are a subscriber and would like to get one scheduled, please reach out to your account executive.