In May we launched an early access program for the Knowledge Capture app, and I want to kick off this announcement by thanking each of you who participated. Your usage and feedback have shaped the Knowledge Capture app into what it is today.
Improving how your teams find, use, improve and create knowledge is something we will continue to improve, and the Knowledge Capture app is a part of that journey.
Today, we are happy to announce the release the Knowledge Capture app as part of Guide Professional. For many of you who are being introduced to Knowledge Capture for the first time, the Knowledge Capture app leverages your support team’s collective knowledge and enables agents link to articles in tickets, create new Help Center content, and flag content for improvements, directly from the Zendesk Support agent interface.
It’s important to note that the Knowledge Capture app is not, nor is it intended to be a KCS certified product. We believe there is a lot of value in the KCS principles and we have focused on unleashing that value with the Knowledge Capture app, but we are not currently checking off a KCS v.6 compliance checklist.
What is the Knowledge Capture app
The app enables your agents to improve knowledge as they go, by capturing collective knowledge and building on it over time to respond to support requests more effectively. Using the app, agents can:
- Search the Help Center without leaving the ticket
- Insert links to relevant Help Center articles in ticket comments
- Associate internal or access restricted articles to a ticket even if they are not sent to your customer
- Add inline feedback to existing articles that need updates
- Create new articles while answering tickets, using a pre-defined template
- Switch language or brand
How to get the Knowledge Capture app
You must have Guide Professional to use the Knowledge Capture app. You must be on Support Professional or Enterprise to use the Knowledge Capture app reporting dashboard.
You can get the app from the Zendesk Apps Marketplace, in the self-service category. The Knowledge Capture app can replace other apps you may have installed, including the Answer Suggestion app and the Ticket to Help Center app.
To install the app and plan your workflows, see:
To use the app, see:
- Searching and linking articles
- Adding feedback to flag articles
- Creating articles based on tickets
- Analyzing Knowledge Capture activity