Can I create a user without an email address?
Depending on the method used, you may be able to create users without an email address associated with their profile.
Situations where you cannot create a user without an email address:
- Adding users from the Support user interface.
- When creating users via the Support user interface, they must have at least a Name, Email Address, and Role/Restriction.
- See Adding and managing end-users for instructions on this task.
- Bulk importing users.
- When creating users via bulk import, they must have at least a Name, Email Address, and Role/Restriction.
- See Bulk importing users for instructions on this task.
Situations where you can create a user without an email address:
- Creating a user via the API
- If utilizing Talk on your account, when an end-user calls one of your phone numbers, and if the caller's number is not associated with an existing user, the user is created with only a phone number on their profile.
- If receiving a ticket that was created via Ticket Sharing from another Support account, if the requester does not exist in the receiver's account, a dummy user is created without an email address. This dummy user cannot be modified.