This article includes links to resources for understanding, setting up, and using the Salesforce integration.
Salesforce integration - built on Zendesk
This integration enables collaboration between sales and support teams by providing visibility into customer information and support activities between Salesforce and Zendesk. The integration provides the ability to view, edit, and create Zendesk tickets from Salesforce. Zendesk tickets can also be synced to Salesforce so you can create custom Salesforce workflows and reports using Zendesk and Salesforce data. The Salesforce integration also enables you to sync customer information from Salesforce to Support.
Zendesk tickets in Salesforce
- Setting up a Zendesk ticket view in Salesforce
- Using the ticket view in Salesforce
- Setting up ticket sync from Zendesk to Salesforce
Salesforce data in Zendesk
Legacy Salesforce integration
The legacy Salesforce Integration is no longer available to install. If you need to upgrade the legacy integration to version 5.9, please contact Zendesk Support.
We are excited to be offering a new Salesforce Integration - built on Zendesk which is now generally available. You need to have a Salesforce Edition with API rights to use this. Get started with setting up the new integration here.
If you do not have a Salesforce Edition with API rights, you can:
Try the Workato Salesforce to Support Integration
Try Zendesk Sell with its native integration to Zendesk Support
Zendesk for Salesforce docs
The following articles include information about the Zendesk for Salesforce app, which is installed in your Salesforce account.
You can monitor changes to this app by following the Zendesk for Salesforce Updates article.
Getting started and installation
Setup and configuration
- Salesforce: Setting up sending Zendesk tickets into Salesforce
- Salesforce: Choosing Zendesk for Salesforce features
- Salesforce: Configuring user and organization syncing in Salesforce
- Salesforce: Creating custom links in Salesforce Zendesk Ticket
- Salesforce: Adding ticket view to your Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity layouts
Support tips and tech notes
- Zendesk ticket to Salesforce case
- Welcome email for new end-users created via Salesforce integration
- Salesforce: syncing lookup field information to Zendesk Support
- Zendesk for Salesforce Global Authentication Error: Domain is not valid
- Salesforce: Apex jobs from Zendesk
- Authentication for Zendesk Support into Salesforce not working
- Salesforce: How do I import closed ticket data?
- Some tickets not displaying in Salesforce
- Add Support tickets under accounts using Salesforce Lightning
- Salesforce test classes failing due to Zendesk package
- Salesforce: Why are my contacts/leads not synced when I create them?
Salesforce on Zendesk docs
The following articles include information about the Salesforce app, which is installed in your Zendesk account.
Installation and configuration
Support tips and tech notes
Salesforce integration videos
The following videos demonstrate viewing and sending Zendesk Support tickets to Salesforce, and installing and using the Sidebar App in Zendesk Support.
Salesforce integration migration options
With the legacy Salesforce integration being deprecated on 30 January 2020, there are several options available for migration. For more information, see Migrating the legacy Salesforce integration to alternative solutions and Migrating the legacy Salesforce integration to the new Salesforce integration.