Why is there no voice recording on my ticket from a call?
There are a couple of reasons this can happen:
- Under Admin > Channels > Talk > Numbers, the option for Record calls? is not toggled on.
- The recording was not able to be added to the ticket because the ticket is closed before the recording was available. When a ticket is closed no further updates can be made to the ticket, so the recording was not able to be added onto the ticket. If this was the case it would be best to review your business rules, as you may be closing the ticket too quickly.
- A 'Recording not available' message is also displayed in tickets when an admin manually deletes a recording, for more information on this see Managing recording options in Zendesk Talk.
- The 'Recording not available' can also show up if there is no information captured on the call. If the customer or the agent ends the call prior to leaving a voicemail or speaking in any capacity (for example Abandoned in Queue calls), no recording will be available.
- Finally, if a call reaches Voicemail but the message left is less than 5 seconds long or if there is no audio (a person's voice) in the recording, you can see a 'Recording not available' message in the ticket.
- The recording was not able to be added to the ticket because the agent who answered the call transferred it to a group that they weren't in and then the call went to voicemail of a group they do not have access to. Since the agent didn't have permission to comment on tickets the voice comment failed to add the recording.