I receive one of the error messages below when I send an outbound Text message.
- We couldn't deliver this message
- We couldn't send the message
When I review the message details in my Text history, the status of my message is either Undelivered or Failed:
Why are my SMS messages failing?
There are multiple reasons why an SMS message can fail. Some common reasons why SMS messages may be failing to send:
- The destination handset is unreachable.
- The destination phone number does not support Text.
- The SMS message exceeds the 160 character limit.
- The end user sent an opt-out code to one of your messages. For more information on opt-outs, see the article: About opt-out keywords for Zendesk Text
If SMS messages are still failing to send and the reason is not covered in the common reasons for SMS failures, contact the support team with the ticket ID where the SMS message failed.