Customers can choose to restrict certain Jira projects so they are not available to users of the Jira integration. This can control access to sensitive information stored in certain Jira projects, by preventing support agents from creating an issue in the wrong project, as well as creating a better user experience by showing a smaller number of relevant projects in the Jira app in Support. This means that users in Zendesk Support can't create or link an issue in said projects
Restricting access to Jira projects can:
- Help protect sensitive information in Jira projects, by preventing support agents from creating an issue in, or a link to, the wrong project via the Jira integration.
- Create a better agent experience by displaying a smaller number of relevant projects in the Jira app in Zendesk Support and reducing the chance of selecting the wrong project.
To restrict a Jira project from appearing in the Jira integration
- Log in to your Jira account. You must have Admin privileges to make these changes.
- Click the Settings cog, then select Add-ons > Manage add-ons > Zendesk Support for Jira > Configure.
- Click on the Project Restrictions tab on the left to open the project configurations page.
- Move your projects into the allowed or restricted groups via the control buttons:
- Click Save to save your changes.
When you save these settings:
- Only allowed projects will appear in the project selection input of the Jira app’s issue creator form:
- Only allowed projects will appear in search results when linking an issue in the Jira app:
Restricting a project does not affect previously linked issues. Issues that have been linked before a project was disabled will remain untouched.