This Explore recipe shows you how to create a report that shows organizations you've created that don't contain any users. For more help with reporting on users and organizations, see Reporting on user and organization data.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket, user, and organization data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of users in your account. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Users and organizations > Users, then click Apply. Explore displays the total number of users in your account.
- Next, you'll create a standard calculated metric for organizations. Although Explore already includes this metric you need to modify it to ensure that its calculation doesn't interfere with the ticket metric you just added by enabling the "compute separately" function. In the calculations menu (), under Metrics, click Standard calculated metric.
- In the Standard calculated metric panel, give your new metric a name like "Organizations (computed separately)" and then paste or type the following formula:
IF ([Requester organization status]="Active")
THEN [Requester organization ID]
- Ensure that Compute separately is enabled. For more information about this option, see Creating standard calculated metrics and attributes.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- In the Metrics panel of query builder, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Calculated metrics > Organizations (computed separately), then click Apply.
- Click the metric you just added and ensure that the aggregator for it is COUNT. Explore displays a table showing the number of users and organizations in your account.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Requester organization > Requester organization name, then click Apply. Explore displays a table showing organization names and the number of users in each. You can sort the table by clicking the Users column heading to easily see organizations with no users.