We’re excited to announce that the new Zendesk SDK for Unity is now generally available. This SDK lets you bring the power of Zendesk to your Unity mobile games.
With this SDK, your players can seamlessly receive support in-game. Players can create tickets, converse with your agents, and browse help center articles – all without leaving your app. This SDK is the first customer service SDK to be verified by Unity to work seamlessly with Unity games. Click here to download it directly from Unity’s Asset Store.
The Zendesk SDK for Unity is native to Unity, which makes it simple to get started. You can install the SDK in minutes via a drag-and-drop interface, without worrying about the complexities of mobile operating systems. And it’s flexible – you can easily brand the support experience to match your game using native Unity components.
What are the features of the Zendesk SDK for Unity?
The end-user experience can be easily tailored to meet your needs.
- Customized journeys: Configure your experience to start in Support or Guide
- Support views:
- Conversation view: Uninterrupted conversation in-game, with inbox for replies to keep your end-users engaged
- Form-based view: Allow end users to submit tickets with a simple and extendable form with custom fields and validation
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT): End users can rate their support experience
- Help Center: Allow users to browse your entire help center within your game
- Products: Supports both Zendesk Support and Guide
- Compatibility: 2017 LTS forward-compatible Unity package
- UI: Ready-to-use buttons for your support menu
- Localization: Supports custom or based-on-device locale
- Authentication: Supports anonymous and JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Customization: Supports ticket tags as well as visible and invisible custom fields
See the full documentation for the SDK.
What’s on the roadmap?
Here are some features on the roadmap for the coming months:
- Improving the look and feel of the player screens
- Optimizing the UI for landscape device orientation
- Enabling integrators to listen to the ticket updates to enable player notifications
- Introducing Zendesk messaging capabilities
Does the Zendesk SDK for Unity support all Unity platforms?
The first release of the Zendesk SDK for Unity is optimized for iOS and Android mobile platforms.
Is the Zendesk SDK for Unity available to all Zendesk customers?
Yes, the new Zendesk SDK for Unity is available to any Zendesk customer with an active Support subscription. Note: Some features may be restricted to certain plans.
I used the old Zendesk Unity3D plugin. How do I switch?
In the past, Zendesk had a Unity plugin for integrating support capabilities into Unity-based mobile games and applications. This plugin was open-sourced by Zendesk in 2016, and we no longer actively maintain it from a development standpoint. Refer to this article for details on how to switch to the Unity SDK after using the old plugin.
What versions of iOS and Android has the Zendesk SDK for Unity been tested on?
The Zendesk SDK for Unity is tested with Android API 21 and above and iPhone iOS 12 and above. Nonetheless, you can use the SDK with other versions.