This article describes some current limitations in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. As product development continues, Zendesk will work to add more features and remove limitations. To learn more about items to consider before you migrate to the Zendesk Agent Workspace, see Migrating to the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
This article contains the following sections:
This section describes some important Chat limitations in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- If your account supports a high volume of chats or has a large number of chat-only agents, check with your Zendesk account representative before migrating to the Zendesk Agent Workspace. For best performance, follow these guidelines:
- Do not exceed 1,300 online Chat agents actively serving chats.
- No more than 4,000 concurrent chats with 200,000 total chats per day.
- No more than 6,000 concurrent visitors with 300,000 total visitors per day.
- Apps and macros are available for chats, with the following limitations:
- Support apps have some limitations during chats. See the Ticket editor API . Some apps will not be able to add content in chats.
- Chat apps cannot be downloaded in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Macros that switch the assignee value to an online agent do not initiate a chat transfer. When the original user submits the ticket, the ticket assignee is updated to an online agent and the chat is ended.
- Macros can post text into chats, but text indentions are not supported.
- To prevent application conflicts and potential tracking issues, Zendesk does not recommend using the Support Chat app with the Zendesk Agent Workspace. When the agent workspace is enabled, the Support Chat app is automatically disabled on your account. See Enabling and disabling the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Chat actions such as invite agent, start a conversion with another agent (no visitor), export transcript, and ban are not supported.
- Agents can transfer chats, provided Chat departments are mapped to Support groups. See Migrating to the Zendesk Agent Workspace for details.
- Chat shortcuts with options are not supported.
- Agents must end all chats before logging out.
- After migrating Chat departments to Support groups, App developers should update all public APIs for Chat department Create, Update, and Delete to public APIs for Support group Create, Update, and Delete.
- Agents with custom roles may not be able to use the agent workspace because of channel-specific settings. Make sure your custom roles allow for Chat access. Light agents cannot serve chats in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, they need to be upgraded to agents.
- Idle timeout is no longer available.
Unlike Support, Chat does not support the concept of restricted agents - all Chat agents have access to all Chat messages. If you are using restricted agents such as light agents in Support, it is possible for those agents to access Chat messages via unpublished APIs. Light agents can serve chats in the Chat mobile app, but they cannot serve Chats in the agent workspace.
The following issues may occur when typing Chat messages in some languages:
- In some languages, when you are typing an accented character in a Chat message, the editor inserts a duplicate, accented character, instead of replacing the original character. This includes Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, the Nordic languages (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian), Czech, and Polish.
- If you are typing in Vietnamese, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Japanese, or Korean in the editor during a chat, the input syntax may not render correctly, unless you have your profile language set to the same language as what you're typing.
You can help resolve these issues by using the fallback editor option. See Resolving issues with the composer.
This section describes some important limitations for the settings-only Chat dashboard in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
Limitations for administrators include:
- Administrators will not be able to initiate proactive chats.
- The Visitors List only has information about ongoing conversations. Visitor-level browsing information is not available. Instead, refer to Visitor path in the agent workspace.
- Tags are not visible in chat history. Admins will be redirected to the Agent Workspace to view or edit any tags associated with that chat.
Limitations for agents include:
- Multi-agent conversation options are not supported and agents will not be able to initiate chats.
- The export transcript option is not available for ongoing chats.
- Agents cannot ban visitors based on cookies, but they can ban visitors based on IP address.
- Custom chat apps are not available, but you can create custom Support apps and use them for chats in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
This section describes some important messaging limitations for social messaging and Zendesk messaging in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. See also Chat limitations.
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are not supported for messaging tickets. SLAs do not work reliably as agents typically don’t change the ticket status after each reply.
- You cannot create follow-up tickets for messaging.
- Administrators can manage routing settings for messaging tickets from the Chat dashboard. Chat’s Skills-based Routing only supports live Chat. It is not supported for messaging tickets.
- Incidents can link to problem tickets, but when the problem ticket is solved, public comments are sent via email only if the user has an email address in their user profile.
- All ticket-based reporting works except for metrics such as First reply time, Unreplied tickets, % One-touch, Two-touch solves, Comments (all user types), and Agent updates. These metrics only consider email replies on the ticket.
- Updating brand against an existing social messaging integration is not supported.
- Sunshine Conversations channels do not receive events from WhatsApp if the business number is blocked by an end user. In this case, the events log will not show the delivery status of an agent message sent to the end user.
- If there are multiple accounts defined for the same channel type (for example, WhatsApp), tickets can be routed by only by channel type, not by a specific integration account.