MindTouch and Zendesk have partnered to deliver the missing link in customer support by combining the MindTouch TCS Social Knowledge Base with your Zendesk.
The MindTouch TCS social knowledge base is a community-centric destination for your users to learn more and flourish with your product. Integrating Zendesk with MindTouch lets you search your product documentation from Zendesk and create new KB articles from support tickets, both of which will dramatically increase your first-time-right and resolution-on-first contact KPIs, resulting in exceptional customer experiences.
Exceptional customer support in 3 easy steps!
- Complete the registration form
- Enable your MindTouch widget in Zendesk (you are here)
Setting up the MindTouch widget:
1) Navigate to your "Settings" tab and click on "Extensions".
2) Click on the "add widget" button.
3) Locate the MindTouch entry in the list and click on it.
4) Fill out the appropriate information on the ensuing page. Make sure you name the widget.
2) Fill out your MindTouch subdomain here. Your MindTouch.us site will have a domain name like this: http://yoursubdomain.mindtouch.us. If you have a MindTouch.us site, please enter your subdomain (the part between http:// and mindtouch.us) above. If you do not have a MindTouch.us site, please click here to sign up.
Select "Create widget" from the droplist and click on "submit" (Note: the preview will not show anything for this widget).
5) Once you click on "Create widget", you will notice the following items will have been added to your list of active widgets:
MindTouchGlobal (This is the name you assigned to the widget in the step above)
Post to MindTouch
The MindTouchGlobal in this example contains code for the "Post" and "Search" functionalities. Do not edit this.
6) Add widgets to a page.
Post to MindTouch allows for you to easily take an existing ticket and publish the information to the MindTouch knowledge base. You should add this to your ticket pages.
Search MindTouch allows for you to simultaneously search the Zendesk system and MindTouch for any articles relevant to the search. This will automatically reflect what is searched for in the tool bar. If this is added to a ticket page, then the widget will automatically search for any relevant articles within MindTouch based off the subject line of the ticket.
"Post to Mindtouch" and "Search MindTouch" widgets installed on a ticket page.
"Search MindTouch" installed on forum pages (Note: you will need to install this on multiple pages if you want to ensure that this is always displayed. If you navigate to a page without the search widget installed, you will not see relevant MindTouch articles as the widget does not exist on that page).