If you use the Highrise CRM by 37signals, you can integrate it into your Zendesk to display customer information on the agent's ticket page.
Topics covered in this article:
How it works
- Add ticket requesters as contacts in your Highrise account
- Use the integration to add Highrise notes about your contacts
- Look up contacts by name, email address, and company
The key to the integration is the contact's email address. If you receive a support request from a customer that is already one of your Highrise contacts, the integration recognizes the email address and displays information about that contact on the agent's ticket page.
If you click the contact's name or company links, your Highrise account will display that contact's information in a new Web browser window. If you click the user's email link, your default email application will create a new message addressed to the contact.
Setting up Highrise
- A Highrise account. A free version is available. See the Highrise website.
- Your Highrise subdomain URL (example: mondocam.highrisehq.com)
- Your Highrise authentication token. To get the token, log in to Highrise, select Accounts & Settings > My Info, and click the API Token tab.
You must also be an administrator in both Highrise and Zendesk.
Setting up Highrise in new Zendesk
- Click Manage > Apps > Browse, and locate the Highrise application.
- Hover the mouse over the Highrise icon to reveal the Install button and then click
- Configure the following items:
- Subdomain: Enter your Highrise subdomain. Example: mondocam.highrisehq.com.
- Token: Enter your Highrise authentication token.
- Use SSL?: Select this option if your Highrise account is configured to use SSL (if your Highrise URL starts with https). This is almost always the case.
- Title: Enter any title you'd like.
- After installing, reload the Zendesk page for the changes to take effect.
- To use the app, click the Apps button on the upper-right side of any ticket page. If not already logged in, enter the email and password you use to log in to your Highrise account. You only have to do this once if you don't close or reload Zendesk.
Setting up Highrise in Zendesk Classic
In Zendesk Classic, you add Highrise in your Zendesk account and then place the Highrise widget on the ticket page.
To add Highrise to your Zendesk account
- Select Settings > Extensions.
- On the Widgets tab, select Add widget.
- Select the Highrise widget.
- Enter any title you'd like. Also, select the Display option so that your agents can see Highrise displayed in the help desk.
- Set the Available for option to People who have logged in and are agents.
- Enter your Highrise subdomain and your authentication token.
You can find your authentication token by logging in to Highrise and selecting Accounts & Settings > My Info. Select the API Token tab and you'll see a long string of numbers and letters. Copy and paste the token into the widget.
- If your Highrise account is configured to use SSL, select the SSL option.
- Select Create widget and then Submit.
The widget is activated, but to use it you need to add it to the ticket page.
To add the Highrise widget to your ticket page
- Navigate to the ticket page by selecting a ticket from one of your views.
- Click Edit widgets on this page, which is located in right side column of the page.
- Select the Highrise widget you just created and it is immediately added to the page.
Using Highrise in Zendesk
Each time a ticket is opened, the integration checks to see if the requester's email address is already in your Highrise account. If yes, you see data about the requester/contact.
Adding a new contact to Highrise
If the requester is not already a contact in your Highrise account, you have the option in Zendesk Classic of adding the requester as a new contact. Click Add this Zendesk user to Highrise.
When you add a new contact in Highrise, the following data from the user's Zendesk profile is added to Highrise: name, email address, and phone number. Also, if the user belongs to an organization, the organization is added as the new contact's company (you can change this in Highrise of course).
Adding a note
You can also add a note about the contact that's saved to Highrise. To add a note to Highrise, click Add a note to [contact name], enter the note, and then click Save note.
The note is added to the contact's Highrise profile but it's not displayed in Zendesk.
Looking up a contact or company
You can look up the contacts and companies in your Highrise account. You can search for contacts by name, by email address, and by company.