For many Salesforce organizations, Zendesk for Salesforce helps close the loop between your sales and support teams by enhancing visibility into customer information and support activity between Salesforce and Zendesk.
This article covers the following topics:
The Zendesk for Salesforce integration enables you to choose which features you need and customize them to work for your Salesforce setup.
- View Salesforce data in Zendesk enables agents to view Salesforce information alongside a Zendesk ticket in Zendesk.
- View Zendesk tickets in Salesforce gives Sales reps the ability to view Zendesk tickets from a Contact or Account record in Salesforce.
- Create and edit Zendesk tickets in Salesforce gives Sales reps the ability to create and edit Zendesk tickets in Salesforce.
- Send Zendesk tickets into Salesforce enables your organization can create custom Salesforce workflows and reports across Zendesk and Salesforce data.
- Salesforce Account to Zendesk organization sync automatically keeps Zendesk organizations up-to-date with Salesforce Accounts through a one-way sync.
- Salesforce Contact/Lead to Zendesk user sync automatically keeps Zendesk users up-to-date with Salesforce Contacts and Leads through a one-way sync.
Be sure that you meet all the requirements in Zendesk and Salesforce before you install Zendesk for Salesforce.
- You must be on the Zendesk Regular, Plus, or Enterprise plan to use the Zendesk for Salesforce integration.
- You must have SSL enabled to integrate with Salesforce. This is required for our package to stay compliant with the Salesforce app security policies.
- If you are using Zendesk’s host-mapping feature, you must also set up hosted SSL.