Bigcommerce is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that enables businesses to easily set up and manage an online store. The Bigcommerce for Zendesk App, which is available in the new version of Zendesk, allows you to see each user's Bigcommerce customer details and order data alongside their Zendesk tickets. This integration does not take messages created in Bigcommerce and create tickets for those messages in Zendesk.
To get started you must be an admin in your Bigcommerce account and also use the new version of Zendesk.
- Sign in to Zendesk.
After you've logged in, you should see the Agent dashboard (the URL is youraccount .zendesk.com/agent).
- Click the Manage icon ( ) in the sidebar, then select Apps > Browse . Scroll through the list of available Apps until you locate the Bigcommerce app.
- Place your mouse cursor over the Bigcommerce app then click Install .
- The next step is to configure your Bigcommerce store settings.
Enter the following information:
- Title: This is the title of the App as it will be displayed in your Zendesk.
- Store URL: Your Bigcommerce store URL found in your API Path field under Legacy API settings. In the app's settings, you can remove everything at the end of the URL, starting with "/api/v2".
- Username: Your Bigcommerce store username. You can find this by accessing your Legacy API settings and clicking to edit the store specific to the Zendesk integration you are configuring.
- API token: An API token is required to authenticate with your Bigcommerce store. Visit the API documentation section on the Bigcommerce developer site for instructions on obtaining an API token.
- Order ID Field ID: To display a customer's order numbers in the Bigcommerce app, you need to create a custom ticket field in Zendesk and then add the ID of that custom field here. See Adding a custom ticket field for the Bigcommerce order number below for more information. If you haven't set this up yet, you can revisit this settings page and add it later.
- When you're finished, click Update .
After you've installed the Bigcommerce for Zendesk app, you'll be able to see your Bigcommerce customer and order information in tickets from customers who already exist in your Bigcommerce store. Select a ticket and then click the Apps button to display the Bigcommerce app.
Adding a custom ticket field for the Bigcommerce order number
Adding custom ticket fields is described in Adding and using custom ticket fields . You need to add a custom numeric field for the Bigcommerce app so that the customer's order numbers are displayed in the app. Follow the instructions for creating a custom field, select numeric as the field type, and name it something like 'Bigcommerce Order No'.
The information you need to properly configure the Bigcommerce app is the custom field ID. You can find that when editing the custom field you just created, as shown here:
Use this ID as the Order ID Field ID in the Bigcommerce app settings (described in the section above in step 4).