How can I create an alert to notify me that a ticket needs a reply?
You can create email reminders using automations. Automations are actions that you set up to take place within your account when specific time intervals passed. In this case, you will be notified when a new ticket wasn't assigned to anybody within 24 hours of its creation.
To create this automation
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Business rules > Automations.
- Select Add automation from the right-hand side.
- Add the following conditions under Meet all of the following conditions:
- Ticket: Status | Is | New
- Ticket: Hours since created | Greater than | 24
- Under Perform these actions: add the following action.
- Notifications: Email user | (yourself)
- Ticket: Status | Open
For the automation to work, one of the actions must nullify one of the conditions. In this example, the status of the ticket changes from New to Open. This prevents the automation from firing in a constant loop.
Additionally, you can string multiple actions together, such as send out a notification and escalate the ticket to a different support group or send a notification back to the customer letting them know that you haven't forgotten them.