Several of our customers have upgraded their JIRA installations and in doing so have gone from plugin version 1.0 to 2.0. In doing so they believe they are upgrading in the traditional sense and in reality, this is more of a migration.
The Zendesk-JIRA plugin version 1.0 and 2.0 use entirely different methods of linking tickets and issues.
When you upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 you will have to relink all your Jira issues and Zendesk tickets.
This is because the two plugins use entirely different architectures.
To perform the upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0, follow these steps:
- Create a list of tickets that are shared to JIRA. Since you use the "JIRA" tag that makes it easier. Create a view where the criteria are "Tags include JIRA" and "Ticket is less than closed". That will give you a list of tickets that are currently linked to JIRA that you will have to "relink". You should note in each of these tickets what the JIRA Issue number is as you will be "relinking" the ticket using the new integration.
- Prior to the upgrade, you should turn off the trigger that shares to JIRA and remove the current JIRA widget in Zendesk. In JIRA you should uninstall the plugins that were installed as part of the 1.0 integration.
- Perform the installation of JIRA using this document: https://support.zendesk.com/entries/20560907-zendesk-for-jira-2-0-getting-started
- Proceed to manually relink all of the tickets from step 1 into JIRA. The instructions for relinking the tickets can be found here: https://support.zendesk.com/entries/20560907-zendesk-for-jira-2-0-getting-started#using_sharing_first_ticket Instead of creating a new issue, you will "Link to an existing JIRA ticket."
- Once you are relinked, you can continue working.