Note: There is a newer version of Office365 Hosted Exchange and these instructions may not work for that version.
Video updated August 2014!
- Inside your Office365 account you will want to create a support mailbox for your organization.
- Create a Mail Contact as well. The mail contact should have an external email address that is the support address for your Zendesk (ie: email@example.com)
- On the top right, where you see the name of the currently logged in user, select "Another User" from the drop down.
- Select the support user that you created in step 1
- This should open a new window where you are now managing the "Support" user. Select "Organize Email" from the left side of the screen.
- Create a new inbox rule for that user that does the following: apply to all new mail, redirect messages to -> Mail Contact from step 2
- Save the rule.
- Open your Zendesk and click on the Gear icon in the lower left.
- Under Channels click "Email"
- Add a support address for your mailbox you created in step 1
- Click Save.
That should be all there is needed. The flow of events is as follows:
Customer emails firstname.lastname@example.org -> email goes to Office365 and is hit by the inbox rule -> message is redirected to the office365 mail contact -> message goes to Zendesk
The older instructions (that may or may not apply to OnPremises exchange) are shown below.
To forward mail from an Office365 hosted exchange instance to Zendesk, you'll need to do the following:
- Log in to an administrator account and create a support mailbox (if you already have one then skip this).
- Go to your mailbox and go to Options > See All Options.
- Change from Manage Myself to Manage My Organization.
- Create an External Contact and for the address enter the Zendesk email address (ie: email@example.com).
- Save the changes and go to your support mailbox. Do this by changing the manage from Manage My Organization to Manage Another User.
- Select your support mailbox.
- Create a new Inbox Rule.
- Click the More Options button.
- Select [Apply to All Messages].
- Set the action to Redirect mail and choose your External Contact you created previously .
- Save the rule and test out your new configuration.