Tags are words, or combinations of words, you can use to add more context to tickets and topics. You can apply tags to tickets, users, and organizations. For example, you might want to tag all requests that are actually sales inquiries with a tag like 'sales' or 'about_sales'. You can then create a view or a report to track these requests.
- Add tags to tickets and use those tags to create custom workflows.
Agents can add tags manually. Admins can also enable automatic ticket tagging to automatically add tags based on keywords in ticket descriptions.
Add tags to users and organizations.
Tags that have been added to users and organizations are also automatically added to tickets.
- Search for tickets by tag.
- Use tags in your business rules (automations, macros, and triggers) to create custom workflows.
- Create views and reports by tags.
- Analyze tag use to understand support request trends.
- Adding tags to users and organizations
- Understanding tags and ticket fields
- What is the difference between labels and tags?
- Zendesk Support tags and Zendesk Chat tags: how they interact
To learn more, watch these short videos.