The monthly account usage email provides a snapshot of key metrics for Zendesk Support, including First reply time, One touch resolutions, and Customer satisfaction, and compares the current month to the previous month.
The email also includes Help Center search data for trends and searches with no results, and helpful recommendations for making improvements to your metrics.
The email is sent directly to account owners and admins each month for all plan types. You can view live data directly in your Zendesk at any time in the Reporting Overview.
Receiving the monthly account usage email
The monthly account usage email is sent directly to account owners and admins each month. It is not currently possible to add recipients to the email. You will receive the email between the third and sixth day of the month.
You will not receive the account usage email if:
- You are not an account owner or admin
- You have not been using Zendesk Support for more than two consecutive months
- You have unsubscribed to Zendesk emails
If you previously unsubscribed to Zendesk emails, but would like to subscribe so that you can receive the monthly account usage email, contact email@example.com.
Looking at the metrics in the monthly email
The Monthly Snapshot section at the top your account usage email contains three key metrics for your Zendesk. For each metric, you can compare the current month to the previous month and you can see the difference (or change) between the two months. You cannot change which metrics are included in the email.
You can also see how your Zendesk compares to other companies. If you have completed the benchmark survey, the comparison will be against other companies in your specific industry.
The Monthly Snapshot contains data for the following metrics:
- First reply time is the time between ticket creation and the first public comment from an agent.
- One touch resolution is the percentage of tickets that were solved with one agent reply.
- Customer satisfaction is the overall customer satisfaction rating for your Zendesk, including all users and groups.
The rating is determined by:
Rating % = (Total positive ratings (30 days) / Total of all ratings (30 days) ) * 100
If you have not enabled customer satisfaction ratings for your Zendesk, you can click the link in your account usage email to do so. This feature is available on Professional and Enterprise. See Using customer satisfaction ratings.
Looking at Help Center search data in the monthly email
If you have enabled Help Center, the monthly email includes key search data in the lower half of the email.
- Top trending searches are the search strings that had the greatest increase in number of searches compared to the previous month.
- Searches with no results are the search strings that were searched for the most without any results.
If you are on Professional or Enterprise, you can use the Help Center search analytics dashboard to do further analysis. See Analyzing Help Center search results.