You can track the time your support team spent on every Zendesk Support ticket by using the Time Tracking app.
With the app, support managers gain visibility into the actual time spent across all your customer service interactions. While the app tracks time automatically, you’ll need to build a few custom metrics and reports in Insights to analyze your team’s time logs. We’ve created a four-part series to walk you through best practices on how to best report on time spent:
- The time-tracking metrics you need to be measuring
- Leaderboards, time logs, top customers
- A look inside your agents’ day-to-day productivity (this article)
- The most-costly support issues for your organization
This third article in the series walks you through building a report to give you a very close view of the productivity of each of your agents. You can see how each of your agents stacks up to each other while comparing different aspects of your agent productivity.
For general information on setting up the Time Tracking app, see Setting up Time Tracking .
How much time are my agents spending on tickets and how do they compare?
Skill Level: Advanced
Time Required: 30 minutes
2 custom metrics to track Total time spent and Average time per update ( link to metric recipe )
- Click Reporting in the sidebar, then click the Insights tab. Click the GoodData link in the top right corner of the panel.
- In Insights, in the top menu, click Reports > Create Report.
- Open the What menu and select Total time spent (min) , and Avg time spent per update (min) .
- Open the How menu and select Updater.
- Click Filter > Select from a list of values and add a new filter that says Date (event) Is. Under Select floating range , select the Range option and choose 6 days ago to today.
- Click Apply.
- Add another filter by clicking Add Filter. Under "What do you want to rank?," select a Ranking filter and set the filter for the Top 10 Updater by Total time spent (min). Updater is the attribute.
- Click Apply.
- Use the icons in the top right to select the Bar Chart type.
- Click the Show Configuration link in the top right. Click and drag the metrics and attributes so that Metric Values is on the Horizontal (X) axis, Updater is on the Vertical (Y) axis, and Metric names is assigned to the Series.
- Next, click on the arrow next to Metric Values in the Horizontal (X) Axis and change the drop down for Avg time spent per update (min) from Primary to Secondary and click Apply.
- Finally, move down to Advanced Configuration and click the + sign next to Axis X. Next, click the + sign next to Avg time spent per update (min) and change the Chart type from Bar to Area chart.
- Click Apply to create the report.
- In the report, you can use the Show Configuration menu to change the colors and add labels if desired.