If your Zendesk is configured to allow it, you can copy (CC) people on tickets. You might do this if you want someone else to be aware of the ticket or provide some feedback about it. You can only add users as a CC on a ticket if they have an account in your Zendesk.
You can CC both agents and end-users. CC recipients are notified when a ticket update contains a comment. Agents are notified whenever new public and private comments are added to the ticket. End-users are only notified about (and can only see) public comments that have been added.
A CC recipient is not copied if any of the following conditions applies:
- the CC recipient added the comment
- the ticket is updated without a comment
- the CC recipient will get a trigger notification too
- the CC recipient is listed on the "To" line of the email that generated the comment (or in the case of a new ticket, the email that created the ticket)
To add a CC to a ticket
- Select a ticket from one of your views.
Begin entering a user's name, email domain, or organization name and the relevant results appear.
You can quickly add yourself as a CC by clicking cc me above the CCs field.If you want to CC a user that doesn't have an account in your Zendesk, you can add them by clicking +Add user at the bottom of the search results.
If you're CCing an agent who doesn't yet have an account, you might be prompted to add more seats to your subscription.
- Select the user. They are added to the CC list.
- Click the Submit button. Going forward, the added user is notified of ticket updates.
To remove a CC from a ticket
- Click the delete button (X) in the person's name box in the CC list.