If allowed, you can copy (CC) and @mention certain people on tickets. You might do this if you want someone else to be aware of the ticket or provide some feedback about it. You can only add users as a CC on a ticket if they have an account in your instance of Zendesk Support.
You can CC both agents and end-users. CC recipients are notified when a ticket update contains a comment. Agents are notified whenever new public and private comments are added to the ticket. End-users are only notified about (and can only see) public comments that have been added.
A CC recipient is not copied if any of the following conditions applies:
- the CC recipient added the comment
- the ticket is updated without a comment
- the CC recipient will get a trigger notification too
- the CC recipient is listed on the "To" line of the email that generated the comment (or in the case of a new ticket, the email that created the ticket)
To add a CC to a ticket
- Select a ticket from one of your views.
The CCs field is displayed in the ticket properties panel.
- Begin entering a user's name, email domain, or organization name and the relevant results appear.
You can quickly add yourself as a CC by clicking cc me above the CCs field.If you want to CC a user that doesn't have an account, you can add them by clicking +Add user at the bottom of the search results.
- Select the user. The changes you make to ticket properties are saved immediately.
To remove a CC from a ticket
- Click the delete button (X) in the person's name box in the CC list.