In Zendesk Support, you can access your profile to view and update your information and settings. This article will discuss how to view and edit your own profile in Zendesk Support. For information on viewing an end-user's profile, see Viewing a user's profile in Zendesk Support. For information on accessing profiles in Help Center, see Viewing user profiles from Help Center.
Viewing your Zendesk Support profile
In Zendesk Support, you can view your own essential information, such as name, profile picture, email, group, and more. In addition to this supplied information, you can also view your ticket and Help Center activity, security settings, and account preferences in the main window of your profile.
This section will discuss how to view your profile and the information visible to you.
- Click your profile icon in the upper-right corner of the page header, then select View profile.
- Edit your profile picture or name (see Updating your name and profile picture).
- Click through the different tabs on the main window to view the following information:
- Tickets: View your assigned, requested, followed, or CC'd tickets. See Viewing your tickets activity in your profile for more information.
- Help Center: View your number of articles, community posts (if available), comments, votes, and subscriptions. See Viewing your Help Center activity for articles, posts, and comments in your Support profile for more information.
- Security Settings: change or reset your password (see Changing your password), view all devices and third-party applications that accessed your Zendesk (see Checking devices and applications that accessed your account), and activate two-factor authentication (see Enabling 2-factor authentication).
- Preferences: Enable Incident email notifications to receive updates when any Zendesk service is experiencing an outage.
- View your user details on the left side of your profile. You can edit some of these user fields. For detailed descriptions on each user field, see About your user profile details.
About your user profile details
On the left sidebar of your profile, you can view the information supplied to the different user fields for your account, such as your role and group. Agents can only edit some of the information on their own profile. If you have created any custom user fields, they will also be shown (see Adding custom fields to users).
Below are the default user fields shown:
|Name||Your real name. If you don't define an alias (see below), the name is used on all communications with end-users.
To change your name, see Updating your name in your user profile.
|Role||Defines a user's function and access level. There are three user types: End-user, Agent, Administrator. Only administrators can change a user's role. For more information, see Understanding Zendesk user roles in the Administrator Guide.|
|Groups||A collection of agents created by an administrator. Agents must be assigned to at least one group by an administrator, but they can be assigned to more than one. Administrators can add and edit groups, agents cannot. For more information, see About organizations and groups in the Administrator Guide.|
|Alias (Professional and Enterprise)||Alternative name to use on all communications with end-users instead of your real name. Leave this field blank if you want to use your real name on your communications.
This option is available for Professional and Enterprise accounts only. For more information, see Adding an agent alias in the Administrator Guide.
|Signature||Closing line added to your email notifications when you make public ticket comments.|
|Email addresses associated with your profile. The first email address is your primary email address and the only address that receives email notifications. You can add more email addresses to your profile by clicking Add contact.
Note that to change your primary email address, you must first add and verify the new email address you want to make primary, then remove the old primary address.
|Agent forwarding||Office phone or mobile phone you'd like to forward voice calls to instead of answering Zendesk Talk calls via the browser. You can test the number you enter to make sure calls forward properly. For more information, see Enabling Zendesk Talk and configuring general settings.|
|Contacts||Other contact information including your Twitter handle, Facebook page, and Google account. You can also add secondary email addresses.|
|Tags||Any tags you want automatically added to new tickets you create. Separate tags with a space. Tags are added to new tickets only, not updated tickets. This is an optional feature and you may not have enabled user tagging. For more information about user tags, see Adding tags to users and organizations in the Administrator Guide.|
|Organization||A collection of users (both end-users and agents) created by an administrator. Agents can be a member of only one organization. If your uses organizations, both administrators and agents can add or edit their organization. For more information, see About organizations and groups in the Administrator Guide.|
|Language||Language you'd like to view Zendesk Support in. This setting only affects you.|
|Time zone||Local time zone; used to time stamp tickets. This setting only affects you.|
|Details||Additional details you'd like to add to your profile. Address, for example. Details are visible to other agents but not end-users.|
|Notes||Additional notes you'd like to add to your profile. This information is visible to other agents but not end-users.|