This article details how to use Chat features that are specific to Zendesk Support-Chat integration. For general information about chatting, see Using Zendesk Chat. For information about serving chats in a unified conversation interface, see Serving chats in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
Before you can use Zendesk Chat, an administrator must install and set it up in your account. For details, see Setting Up Zendesk Chat.
This article contains the following sections:
You can also watch this video below for an introduction to using Zendesk Chat in Support:
Navigating Chat-Support integration
After you've set up Zendesk Chat, the chat icon appears in two places.
- Join, leave, or respond to chat conversations by clicking the top toolbar icon. When you have an incoming chat, a notification appears within Zendesk Support. Click on the top toolbar icon or the notification to open the chat.
- Access the Chat dashboard, which contains Chat settings and account details, by clicking the Products icon and selecting Chat.
Working with tickets created from chats
Tickets for chats can be created automatically or manually. Each ticket includes details about the visitor's chat session and a chat transcript.
Add additional notes and details about the request in the ticket window.
- Click Create ticket in the right panel of a chat you're serving.
If this option is disabled, use the existing ticket under Current ticket instead.
- Tickets appear in the right panel of the chat window.
- Click on a ticket to open it.